Thank you http://notgigglesbutchuckles.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for the Liebster blog award. Those are my liebster flowers above with happy faces! This will be my first time receiving and responding to a nomination, so hope I get this right.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers (or thereabouts)
4. Create 10 new questions for the nominees to answer
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blog
I will now answer the questions presented to me, after which I will list a few bloggers I have nominated along with my questions to them.
1. What do I remember about the first crush I ever had? I remember that S. was cuter than D. so when we played house, I sent D. off to work and S. would come in the back door.
2. What did your grandparents’ house smell like? Mohair furniture.
3. What do you think about when someone asks if you have siblings? That I had 4 but one died in 1998, on purpose.
4. What does it mean to you to be a cat or dog person? To have a soft spot somewhere in your heart.
5. What was a major criteria for your future love when you were first thinking about your future life as a kid? That he would be like J., the one man who visited our house and was always a gentleman.
6. What is something you love about a person who has been in your life for a long ass time. I have rarely heard my youngest brother put anyone down.
7. What is something that drives you crazy about the person in #6? Once he starts pontificating he spaces out,
8. Is it better to settle and be a couple or keep searching? Keep searching, settling causes degredation.
9. Most annoying/hurtful/obnoxious thing ever said to you because of your identity. The most annoying thing was this question, “Do you know where Sambo’s Restaurant is”? It was the 70’s and I was a black woman with an attitude. The funny thing is the Sambo’s Restaurant was about 4 blocks from where we were when this white couple stopped me and asked. They were just trying to get something to eat. Of course, I said “no!” I would apologize for being rude if I saw them today.
10. Best thing about hanging out with your peeps? They miss me when I am gone too long.
My nominees are:
My questions to you are:
1. Who would you want to paint a picture representing your life? (eg, Picasso)
2. What literary person’s home would you visit, if given the chance? (eg, Poe)
3. What would be the first thing to go if you decided to become a minimalist?
4. A modern-day masquerade ball is being given-What would you like to masquerade as? (eg, a blue man)
5. If you had the money, would you sign up to travel where no man has gone before?
6. What was your favorite childhood past time?
7. What did you do in High School you would not want made public?
8. What would you rather be doing today?
9. Do you have believe in good luck charms (or good luck socks)?
10. How long have you held on to a book? (I have had the bible my mom gave me since 1956)
Participation is not mandatory, whatever you choose, though, stop by and see me again.
3 thoughts on “I Was Nominated for the Liebster Blog Award! Who, me?”
Yay, congratulations! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks, hope you continue to post. I can read you on my phone but could not post a comment to you from my computer today, says User can’t receive? Do you really live in Niceville?